Five Songs to Get You Through NaNoWriMo…or Something
I am taking a break. This past spring I charged through a modified version of NaNoWriMo and ended up with the book that landed me an agent. Awesome, for sure. But, I just slogged through September and October while working on revisions and the idea of another word-count driven charge through another WIP just wasn’t appealing right now. So, I’m sitting on my hands this November. Well, not really. I mean, I’m writing words but I’m not WRITING WORDS!!! Still, I want to be helpful. So, I’ve collected together five songs to help get you through NaNoWriMo unscathed.
1. Paperback Writer…just so you know that even the Beatles get what you’re going through.
2. Oxford Comma…for those moments when you throw grammar caution to the wind and ride the lightning!
3. Everyday I Write the Book…because, well, everyday you write the book. Duh.
4. Shadow Stabbing…because somebody had to sit at their typewriter and say it all, say it all, say it all.
5. Don’t Stop Believing…because when things get hard and when the words won’t come and when you’ve queried a thousand different agents and when the wheels are just spinning and spinning and spinning you’ll need to believe that you can do this. And you can.